How To Find IP Address From Discord? It can be a powerful tool in your digital arsenal to be able to find an IP address from Discord, whether you’re a curious user or a vigilant server administrator looking to safeguard your online community.
Understanding the process is invaluable for maintaining a secure online community and troubleshooting networks, as well as respecting privacy and ethical guidelines.
The purpose of this guide is to introduce you to the intriguing world of Discord and show you how to find IP addresses when the need arises. # Find IP Address From Discord
Can I Get Someone’s IP From Discord?
To verify and approve a person before letting them join your server or another server that you maintain, you can obtain their IP address from their discord address.
Also, you cannot access someone’s IP from Discord in an attempt to illegally access their data.
How To Find IP Address from Discord?
It is not possible to find an individual’s IP address using Discord; you will need to use external tools.# Find IP Address From Discord
Discord IP Grabber
If you use an IP logger, you can receive links to sites your target person frequents that you can share with them.
The traffic will first pass through the IP logger, allowing you to detect their IP without their knowledge.
The Grabify IP logger can be used in the following ways.
- Locate the URL of a site that is usually visited by your target audience.
- The URL should be copied and pasted on the Grabify website.
- By clicking on “Create URL”, you can create a URL.
- Obtain the shortened URL by taking note of the Grabify screen’s IP address.
- If you’re chatting on Discord with the target person, forward the copied link to them.
- You can find the tracking code by clicking the link and opening Grabify.
- You can find the IP address of the shortened URL from the previous search by looking for the entry with the details of the IP address.
The key to making this technique work is to get the target person to click the link willingly. Social engineering tactics aren’t necessary for this to work. # Find IP Address From Discord
With Discord IP Resolver
An IP resolver for Discord is a tool that determines a person’s IP address according to their Discord user name.
The following steps can be used:
- Discord settings can be found on the settings page.
- Go to the menu and select “Advanced”.
- Make sure “Developer Mode” is enabled.
- In order to enable it, click “Esc”.
- Choose “Copy Id” when you right-click the Discord username of your target person.
- You can access Discord IP Resolver by clicking here.
- Copy the ID and paste it in the “Resolve” box
- Upon displaying the IP address of the target, the IP address of the target will be displayed.
Use Windows Command Prompt
Windows PC users are provided with a command prompt that provides a variety of options for analyzing their system and browser connections.
In order to use this method successfully, the target individual must be online. The following steps should be followed:
- The only browser and app you will be using should be open.
- Sign up for Discord at its website.
- Your PC should now have a command prompt open.
- Make it worthwhile for the target person to continue to chat on your Discord server.
- To run netstat -an, enter the following command at your command prompt: netstat -an.
- As the command prompt displays “Established” as the status for the target person, speak with them until this state is displayed.
- Copying the IP address should be the last step.
Use Wireshark Packet Analyser
There are several features in Wireshark that can be used to track anything that is going on in your network. This application is one of the best, mainly because it has several features.
The first step is to install Wireshark, and then to download and install the correct software version. Complete the entire process. # Find IP Address From Discord
All other applications should be closed for accurate results when using the tracking features.
- Launch Wireshark first, then Discord, and then start chatting with your target user.
- Find “discord” in the Wireshark window. It will display all of the processes taking place in the discord.
- If you find more than one protocol, type “discord” into each one and see what happens.
After checking the various packages, choose the one that is suitable for the intended user. You will eventually be able to use the features and obtain the IP address of the intended user.
How to Get Someone’s IP from Discord?
If the IP address of a user connected to a network is wished to be obtained with the permission of that user, it can be done by using a program or website that will allow you to do so. # Get Someone’s IP from Discord
Step 1: Launch Discord
Using the “Startup” menu, open the “Discord” application:
Step 2: Open the User’s Settings
If you click on the gear icon on the top right of the screen, you will be taken to “User Settings”.
Step 3: On Developer Mode
When you are in the “Advanced” Settings menu, you will also find a toggle for “Developer Mode”. Click on that toggle # Get Someone’s IP from Discord
Step 4: Copy the User Id
Now you need to right-click on the user profile of the person from whose profile you wish to copy the “ID”, and then choose “Copy ID” from the drop-down menu that appears:
Step 5: Discord IP Resolver Tool
The Discord IP Resolver tool can be found in any browser by searching in it and pasting the ID you have copied into the “Resolve bar”. Then click the button to resolve the error:
Step 6: IP Address
As soon as the “Resolve” button is clicked, a message will appear on your screen which displays the IP address of your Discord friend. # Get Someone’s IP from Discord
How do You Get live access on TikTok as a guest?
How to Hide your IP Address?
You may be wondering if there are any effective ways to protect your IP address now that you know how to get someone’s Discord IP address. Well, you’re in luck because this section is going to teach you two of the most effective ways you can do just that. # Hide your IP Address
Use a Proxy Server
After learning how to get someone’s IP address on Discord, you can also protect your IP address by using a proxy server. It works just like a VPN. The proxy server acts as an intermediary between the web and your device.
In this way, Discord and every other site will only see the proxy server’s IP address and not yours. It is possible to choose from multiple server locations, and most of the time it is free.
Compared to VPNs, proxy servers don’t offer the same level of security. For example, proxy servers don’t encrypt your connection. In order to protect your IP address, follow the steps outlined below. Third parties can still see your online activities and collect data.
- Set up a proxy server
- To hide your IP address, you’ll need to enter the URL of the site you want to access.
- In addition, if there is a location available, choose it before clicking ‘enter’.
Using this method, the web page would be opened in the browser window with the IP address of the proxy server. # Hide your IP Address
Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Discord users can easily conceal your IP address using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A VPN app redirects your internet traffic through a private server, replacing your original IP address.
VPN servers are available in countries worldwide, so you can change your IP address to any country. A VPN, however, is not limited to that; here are some other advantages you can take advantage of.
- You can’t trace your online activity if you are using a VPN, since it encrypts your connection.
- By using it, a user has the option of browsing privately
- Streaming content is unrestricted by regional geoblocks after using it
- Apps for VPNs typically have an intuitive interface, making them suitable for anyone regardless of their level of experience
The majority of VPN services work by subscription, so you need to pay for a monthly or annual subscription to access their few features. You can, however, test out a VPN for free to see if it’s the right choice for you. # Hide your IP Address
Follow these steps to set up a VPN on your device.
- Select your favorite VPN and download it
- From the list, pick a server; VPN apps usually organize servers by location.
- Usually, you will have to click a location to connect to the new IP address after clicking ‘connect’.
Discord IP addresses can be a blessing and a Pandora’s box in the vast world of cyberspace. As a skill, it should only be practiced within the confines of legality and ethical considerations, and with great care.
We have learned a lot about Discord’s security and anonymity layers as we went through the maze of digital intricacies in finding an IP address. We live in an increasingly connected world, where privacy and online safety are vital.
We should conclude this exploration with a reminder that understanding this process should not be used maliciously, but rather as a tool for responsible online citizenship.
As any online platform, Discord relies on the trust and camaraderie of its users. We must follow ethical principles and respect privacy.