How To Get Verified on WhatsApp? There is no doubt that WhatsApp is one of the most widely used instant messaging platforms in the world, connecting billions of people around the world.
In light of the popularity of the app, authenticity and trust have become of utmost importance. Adding verification to your WhatsApp profile gives your contacts a sense of assurance that they are communicating with the real you, adding an extra layer of credibility to your profile.
It has however been a bit mystifying for many users to navigate the verification process. Getting verified on WhatsApp does not have to be difficult, as this guide is here to demystify the process and give you the guidance you need to succeed. # Get Verified on WhatsApp
A verification process is within reach for every individual, business, and public figure, and by the end of this guide, you will have the knowledge you need to achieve that coveted green checkmark on your account.
There is a requirement for WhatsApp Business users to register with a business solution provider (BSP) if you wish to verify your WhatsApp account.
If you wish to verify your WhatsApp account, you must create a Business Manager account, get your Business Manager ID, and give it to your business solution provider. In addition, you need to let the BSP send messages on your behalf.
Finally, make sure that your business is verified, including its policy and display name. When you are verified, you will get a confirmation and your profile will display a green tick. # Get Verified on WhatsApp
What is a verified WhatsApp Business account?
There is a sign that WhatsApp (and Meta) has confirmed that this account is legitimate when they have given it a green tick, or badge. In other words, a green tick indicates that an account is official and therefore verified.
And this is the difference between a regular business account and a legitimate business account.
In the same way as it does for individuals, this works as well. Not everyone can get the green tick, it’s only famous people and businesses that pass the WhatsApp check. # WhatsApp Business account
This does not mean that only the Nike and Coca-Cola’s of the world will be able to get verified WhatsApp Business accounts, but it also means that to get one you need to meet certain requirements. We will go into more detail about that in the next paragraph.
All accounts are by default regular accounts, whether you use the app or the API. Once the business account is verified and gains the tick, it will become an official account, which means that the features will stay the same, but the benefits will change.
When it comes to WhatsApp verification, you are not able to get a green tick by default. You have to follow a process when you want to get verified on WhatsApp. # WhatsApp Business account
WhatsApp added this verification as a security feature to keep its users safe.
It is recommended that you get verified by WhatsApp the green tick badge, which will appear next to your WhatsApp API number profile.
There are a number of benefits to getting verified by WhatsApp.
- This results in a higher ROI for your messaging costs since your messages are more likely to be read.
- Your brand can be enhanced in this way.
- It reduces the rate of potential customers blocking you based on their perception that you are a scammer.
Verifying your WhatsApp account is an advantage for any business. Check out the next section to learn how to do it.
Different types of WhatsApp verification
Users can verify their accounts through WhatsApp in a variety of ways. Here’s a description of what each type of verification entails: # WhatsApp verification
- In order to confirm the legitimacy of an account, WhatsApp verifies it. When an account is verified, it displays a badge next to its name, indicating that the company Meta (the parent of WhatsApp) has signed off on the account.
- It is possible to apply for verification as a business owner. However, please bear in mind that verification is not guaranteed, and its approval is subject to WhatsApp’s requirements.
- It is more credible and trustworthy for users to use verified accounts.
- Getting rid of unwanted contact from a business is as simple as blocking them.
Automatic Phone Number Verification:
- You do not need to send an SMS or miss a call to verify your phone number when you register on WhatsApp.
- To validate that the phone number registered to your device matches what WhatsApp has on file, WhatsApp collaborates with your phone carrier.
- Your phone number will be securely verified after successful verification; you will see a “Verified” confirmation.
WhatsApp Green Tick Verification (Unofficial):
- WhatsApp does not officially endorse third-party services that offer free Green Tick verification.
- Before proceeding, you should exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of such services if you are interested in them.
Don’t forget to be cautious when engaging with online services and accounts. # WhatsApp verification
How To Get Verified on WhatsApp?
In order to become part of the Official Business account after you receive the green tick badge, you need a WhatsApp API. Your business solution provider can provide that for you.
There are a few more requirements, such as enabling two-factor authentication and being a business or a notable brand. Here is the detailed process.
Step 1: Get a Business Solution Provider (BSP)
If you want to use WhatsApp business API for your business, you need a Business Support Provider (BSP). WhatsApp contracts a verified BSP to verify the legitimacy of your WhatsApp Business account so that you can get the green tick.
Find your preferred BSP and register for an account. A BSP can serve a number of functions including managing your messages, providing data-driven insights, connecting your WhatsApp Business account to the business API, etc.
Step 2: Find a Business Manager Account
Business Manager accounts are required by the BSP for convenient business verification. You will need a Facebook account in order to login.
By accessing your Facebook Business Manager account, clicking “Create Account”, and entering the required information, you can create your business manager account. # WhatsApp business API
Step 3: Find Your Business Manager ID
The following steps should be taken once you have a Business Manager account:
- Under the account name, access the “Business info” section in the settings page.
- Your Business Manager ID can be found online and emailed to your Business Service Provider.
Step 4: Authorize the BSP to Send Messages
Once you have entered your ID, the BSP will ask you for authorization to send messages on your behalf. To approve this request, go to your Business Settings and click on “Requests”.
Step 5: Verify Your Details
- The “Settings” page can be accessed once you have logged into your Business Manager account.
- Select “Security Center” and click “Start Verification”.
- Verify the display name, business type, and phone number of your business.
- Once you’ve confirmed everything is fine, submit the information.
Upon verification, you will receive a notification and you will be able to enjoy the green tick badge. # WhatsApp business API
How do I apply for business verification?
Business accounts on WhatsApp are verified to ensure their authenticity. When a business account has been verified, a badge appears next to its name, indicating that Meta (the parent company of WhatsApp) has verified it.
You can request business verification by following these steps:
- Join the Waitlist for Meta Verified:
- There will be a Meta Verified feature coming soon to WhatsApp Business. You can join the waitlist to get notified when this feature becomes available.
- Meta has confirmed that the contact’s name is the authentic presence for that person or business by placing a badge beside it.
- Business Account Becomes Standard:
- Verification is not guaranteed and is subject to WhatsApp’s criteria. If your business account is verified, it will have the badge.
- In the eyes of users, verified accounts are credible and trustworthy.
- Blocking Unwanted Business Contacts:
- Learn how to block businesses in WhatsApp if you want to stop them from contacting you.
Keep your online activity safe by engaging only with verified accounts and services.
How To Schedule a Message on WhatsApp?
The WhatsApp verification process serves as a powerful tool to authenticate your identity and validate your presence on the platform in the fast-paced world of digital communication.
While the process of getting verified on WhatsApp may seem complex, it is clearly accessible to all.
As we conclude this guide, it is evident that it is an accessible process. The verification journey is a step towards building trust in your online interactions, whether you’re a small business looking to enhance your credibility or an individual looking to verify your identity.
Follow the guidelines, and your profile will soon have the distinctive green checkmark, which indicates to the WhatsApp community that you are a verified and trusted entity.